Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

+4
True_Blue_Piper
Robbie.Crow
DavidH
tankiedrummie
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 Empty Re: At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

Post by Dai Robb Mon 3 Dec - 20:26:21

As long as it is when? and not where it is going to placed???
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Enter Band Name Here!!!!

Back to top Go down

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. - Page 2 Empty Re: At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sat 8 Dec - 2:19:16

was surfing for something else (honest !) and came across this : -

http://www.pether.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DrumMajor/pages/maces.html

that's some awesome big stick.....that the Royal Scots had.
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Number of posts : 2002

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Elastic Band

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sat 8 Dec - 2:29:10

The the band at work also has a beautiful sterling silver mace.

Only phpoto I could find is on someone's blogsite. See pic here :

Hong Kong Police D/M's mace
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec - 0:46:20

Actually backbone doesn't come to mind at all..unless this is what you mean. TBP

Back to top Go down

Post by tankiedrummie Thu 20 Dec - 1:08:39

True_Blue_Piper wrote:The the band at work also has a beautiful sterling silver mace.

Does your band at work still have that bloke who goes around with them doing their kit and cooking?? (otherwise known as the pipe sgt lol). Lived beside the band on the 1996 Edinburgh Tattoo, we called him the Messiah, nice wee bloke. The bands pipey nearly got a hiding aff a bus full of Tankies and Black Watch, he wis bollocking the Messiah, and one of the boys said " if he raises is hand to the Messiah then I am going to malky him" and the rest of the bus was in agreement. Nothing happened though unfortunately would have made a good video. drunksing
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Registration date : 2007-10-15
Number of posts : 205

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec - 2:16:25

Wow! That is some nice piece of work.

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Thu 20 Dec - 4:35:17

tankiedrummie wrote:
True_Blue_Piper wrote:The the band at work also has a beautiful sterling silver mace.

Does your band at work still have that bloke who goes around with them doing their kit and cooking?? (otherwise known as the pipe sgt lol). Lived beside the band on the 1996 Edinburgh Tattoo, we called him the Messiah, nice wee bloke. The bands pipey nearly got a hiding aff a bus full of Tankies and Black Watch, he wis bollocking the Messiah, and one of the boys said " if he raises is hand to the Messiah then I am going to malky him" and the rest of the bus was in agreement. Nothing happened though unfortunately would have made a good video. drunksing

No idea Tankie. I've never had anything to do with the band...and frankly, would put earplugs in....if I knew the band was about to come within hearing range.
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Aug - 6:47:02

I think they wear the same tartan as my band: MacLean of Duart?

I am anxiously awaiting a new mace at the mo. Our band has been "adopted" into the 25 (Toronto) Service Battalion, and we are being equipped in Canadian Forces rig. Baldric is on order, and mace, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Thu 7 Aug - 8:32:07

Still Bill wrote:I think they wear the same tartan as my band: MacLean of Duart?

I am anxiously awaiting a new mace at the mo. Our band has been "adopted" into the 25 (Toronto) Service Battalion, and we are being equipped in Canadian Forces rig. Baldric is on order, and mace, too.

No mate, the HKP wear MacIntosh tartan, however the "Scout Association of Hong Kong PB" wear Modern Maclean of Duart as do the "Hong Kong Pipe Band".
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2