Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON

+3
Dai Robb
Reid
crazypiper
7 posters

Go down

END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON Empty END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON

Post by crazypiper Sun 2 Dec - 2:26:51

David Anderson has had a great couple of weekends . firstly taking 1st prize in the Graham Johnston Memorial trophy at college of piping winning a full set of Mccallum pipes and secondly becoming champion piper at Craigmount school this saturday .

Well done David keep it up .

crazypiper

Registration date : 2007-10-23
Number of posts : 18

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Lothian & Borders Police

Back to top Go down

END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON Empty Re: END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON

Post by Reid Sun 2 Dec - 8:56:14

I'm not familiar with David. Could you provide more info ie where's he from what level of player is he, what band does he play with?
Reid
Reid

Registration date : 2007-10-24
Number of posts : 177

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Alberta Caledonia

Back to top Go down

END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON Empty Re: END OF A GRAND WEEK FOR DAVID ANDERSON

Post by Dai Robb Sun 2 Dec - 13:47:52

For a young lad, he has the World of Piping at his fingertips(so to speak) well done, certainly one to look forward to following his future success
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Enter Band Name Here!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Sun 2 Dec - 14:47:49

@ Reid, Young David had been tutored by Richard (pipingconnections), his current band is the Lothian and Borders pipe band. David is there as a guest player, I have not yet met David face to face, but from all accounts he's a very quiet and humble sorta guy.

The future is indeed bright for this young guy, his dedication is paying off now in the solo circuit, Richard keeps me informed on Davids progress throughout all the competitions.

Well done David, a take ma hat off da ya .........keep 'er lit.
Redneck
Redneck

Number of posts : 2051

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Drumlough pipe band N.Ireland 3A

http://Drumlough Pipe Band 3A ( fer now ) N.Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Sun 2 Dec - 14:49:52

crazypiper wrote:David Anderson has had a great couple of weekends . firstly taking 1st prize in the Graham Johnston Memorial trophy at college of piping winning a full set of Mccallum pipes and secondly becoming champion piper at Craigmount school this saturday .

Well done David keep it up .

From the few video clips I've seen/heard of David am sure there's plenty more da come. cheers cheers cheers Pint Pint Pint
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Piping Connections Sun 2 Dec - 15:47:02

Sorry Iain i cant take credit for Tutoring David
He was tuaght the basics by a guy called Keith Milligan a friend of mine.
He then went on to play with one of the worst bands i have heard and seen run (no names will be given) the reason i say that is because the level David has achieved is down to his Hard Work and Desire to become one of the best young talents in the piping world just now!shows what can be done . He then went on to be taught by Dugald McNeill from the College and is now recieving lessons from Tom Spiers in Edinburgh

(there are a good few young Pipers apearing in Scotland and Ireland just now )

What i will take credit for is Telling David to forget G4 and get into L&B police and that was after listening him playing for the 2nd or 3rd time.
Neil his father needs a fair bit of credit for nurturing and helping David along the way driving him to 2 band practises per week private tuition once a week all in Edinburgh not to mention taking him to all the solo competitions around Scotland honing his obvious talent.
All in all it is a real pleasure knowing David and following and supporting him in his endeavours. If you ever get the fortune of meeting David you will find a young guy completely submerged in his piping life and enoying it along the way. what you wont find is a prima donna who doesnt have time to speak to you !!

Good Luck David for the coming seasons and competitions wee man !!

While i know David personally. If you know of any young pipers or inded Drummers out there then the Piping Connections Forum would be delighted to post a wee bit of info given to highlight young talent !!
Piping Connections
Piping Connections

Number of posts : 1404

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: band !!! band !!!!!!!!! yer havin a laff

http://www.pipingconnections.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Sun 2 Dec - 16:29:31

Sorry m8, a musta misunderstood our conversations. Thought you'd taught him/ brought him on a bit. My mistake. Embarassed Embarassed a cabbage moment..... Razz
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie.Crow Sun 2 Dec - 17:12:56

a thought so too iain, so yer no the only one..

crackin player... need ta try n talk to him at some of the majors next year...
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Sun 2 Dec - 17:27:21

i assume you will be making the required changes to the Cabbage league then mr McClean?? veggie TBP piper js
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Sun 2 Dec - 19:43:26

:fu: :fu: :fu: Why wid that be??????? a misunderstanding is not being a cabbage.............unlike the drivel oot a Ruby's mouth, now that IS cabbage material.
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie.Crow Sun 2 Dec - 19:58:55

a learned fi you
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Sun 2 Dec - 22:48:34

Redneck wrote::fu: :fu: :fu: Why wid that be??????? a misunderstanding is not being a cabbage.............unlike the drivel oot a Ruby's mouth, now that IS cabbage material.
I would never have believd that you would ever have a misunderstanding Iain? a cock up yes? laughing laughing laughing laughing
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Mon 3 Dec - 20:25:43

@Redneck, thanks for the break down.

I found a couple of clips on youtube. No kididng great young talent.
Reid
Reid

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Mon 3 Dec - 22:42:57

Maybe crazypiper could post a few clips fer us all?.........how's aboot it big yin?.

Al buy yee a nice big fish supper wi a deep fried Mars bar, aye 'n Richard'll gi yee a bite oota his mince pie tae. Laughing
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by crazypiper Tue 4 Dec - 16:49:45

hey Redneck

i will only post more for a nice salad with grilled chicken or fish.

leave the greazy suppers for Richard haha

cheers crazypiper

crazypiper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Tue 4 Dec - 17:44:22

Gordon Conn is now 17. He started playing with the grade one band Alberta Caledonia at the age of 14. He is one of the top amature players in NA He's done fairly well at invitationals out here. Have a wee listen

Gordon Conn 1

Gordon Conn 2

It really amazes me at the young talent being produced all over the world. I take my hat off to such young talented lads. It would be great to see more clips of David Anderson.
Reid
Reid

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Tue 4 Dec - 23:23:24

@Crazypiper, nae probs....ya can have one when yer over here fer the Major next year..........that's a promise. Me 'n Richard can partake a the golden nectar 'n a good oul Ulster fry up big grin
Ya must be very proud m8, a know ma own Da was, used da love see his face light up when a walked in wi the trophies........no pipes back then though :( :( a wee write up in the local rag 'n a 10shillin' note aff ma granda.........class.

@Reid, cheers m8, agree wi everything ya said some fantastic young talent emerging from all corners a the world........piping has never been healthier m8.

Hmmmmmmm, wonder if a could call up oul nick Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 'n do a Dorian Grey Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil laughing laughing laughing Pint piper
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by crazypiper Wed 5 Dec - 22:47:33

@Reid go on youtube and type David Anderson solo piper and a there are a few other vids of David there.

cheers crazypiper

crazypiper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by crazypiper Wed 5 Dec - 22:51:10

@Redneck when i come over next year i also will be looking for a good old fashioned ulster fry up and we can leave Richard on the green stuff lol!

crazypiper

crazypiper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 5 Dec - 23:10:10

crazypiper wrote:@Redneck when i come over next year i also will be looking for a good old fashioned ulster fry up and we can leave Richard on the green stuff lol!

crazypiper

Yer wife obviously isnae going over tae Ireland with yeh then laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

She will gie yeh a packed lunch n dinner though Carrot Juice and planty oh fruit no any triple bypasses for you m8 laughing laughing laughing laughing

Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-12
Number of posts : 133

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Prestonpans Pipe Band

http://www.pipingconnections.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Thu 6 Dec - 23:56:19

crazypiper wrote:@Redneck when i come over next year i also will be looking for a good old fashioned ulster fry up and we can leave Richard on the green stuff lol!

crazypiper

Al get Lorraine da double up on the fry up's then................yer more than welcome m8, Richard widnae let anything GREEN near 'im.................... laughing laughing laughing Pint
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by crazypiper Fri 7 Dec - 13:15:11

cheers Redneck

i can taste it already party

crazypiper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down