Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

+4
True_Blue_Piper
Robbie.Crow
DavidH
tankiedrummie
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. Empty At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

Post by tankiedrummie Thu 15 Nov - 22:42:32

Nice description Richard, I guess you mean me??laughing
Ian
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Registration date : 2007-10-15
Number of posts : 205

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: none

Back to top Go down

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. Empty Re: At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

Post by DavidH Thu 15 Nov - 23:56:02

Yeah, but watch out Ian, he made a tenor drummer the mod!!! I fail to see his logic, unless he figured that DM's can't police themselves.

Do we have any other DM's here or just you? Should we go on a recruiting binge?
DavidH
DavidH

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 203

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Enter Band Name Here!!!!

Back to top Go down

At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world. Empty Re: At last a place for The backbone of the Pipe Band world.

Post by tankiedrummie Thu 15 Nov - 23:59:35

I don`t know if there any more "Gods" on the forum, let us now guys...
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie.Crow Fri 16 Nov - 0:24:50

I have thrown a big stick in the past.. wasnt very good at it tho...
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tankiedrummie Fri 16 Nov - 0:35:46

Robbie.Crow wrote:I have thrown a big stick in the past.. wasnt very good at it tho...

Thats TOO much information Robbie, don`t need to know about your personal life laughing
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidH Fri 16 Nov - 0:38:57

laughing laughing laughing
DavidH
DavidH

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie.Crow Fri 16 Nov - 0:43:08

Razz

okay i walked into that one..
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidH Mon 19 Nov - 19:53:36

...pretty much as usual.
DavidH
DavidH

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Wed 28 Nov - 12:02:56

laughing laughing laughing

you didn't throw it mate, you twirled it.....and it wasn't so big....it just appeared that way....

...go on.....tell the truth....you were a majorette.....weren't you....
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Number of posts : 2002

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Elastic Band

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 1 Dec - 3:32:06

Ugh... the mental image of Robbie with a shortie tartan skirt and white "A Go-Go" Boots just made me lose my apetite.
Tanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sat 1 Dec - 12:35:14

yeh....apparently that's why he's now piping......the lead majorette threw him out.......

She found that he was going "regimental" when wearing the wee mini-skirt......AND.....IT WASN'T A BATON HE WAS TWIRLING.....

It all came out in the open.....at the local Free Kirk's women's guilds' spring fete.

The minister's wife got a real shock when Robbie asked if she'd like a go at twirling his baton.....she'd always assumed, that of the two weights.....one was at each end of the baton........WRONG !

On the upside however.......

.......is that it did wonders for religious harmony......the 'wee Free' minister marched Robbie straight into the local Roman chapel in the middle of Mass, hauled the big man doon from his pulpit.....and rammed the pair of them into the confessional box.

......Apparently the priest's now a happy man......
......Robbie wears underpants......
......the holes on his practice chanter are worn to blazes.
......and Robbie's still trying to work out what the priest wanted him to do wi' Heilan' Mary...three times....
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Sat 1 Dec - 15:14:59

laughing You got waaaaaay too much time on your hands True.
janelle
janelle

Number of posts : 921

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Queensland Country Pipe Band

Back to top Go down

Post by tankiedrummie Sun 2 Dec - 6:00:32

Thats enough of that nonsense...if you don`t have nothing of value to say about the art of Drum Majoring then this isn`t the thread for you, go away and busy yourself with some other nonsense...thats your last warning....I am slightly pissed off
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sun 2 Dec - 11:38:22

Oh I see, and the previous posts are all of value are they ?

There are other threads that make it clear they are only for serious comments.....I don't see it on this one. On the contrary, the previous posts make it appeat otherwise.

If you want it to be that way, then say so.

Last warning ? laughing laughing laughing
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sun 2 Dec - 11:56:07

True_Blue_Piper wrote:Oh I see, and the previous posts are all of value are they ?

There are other threads that make it clear they are only for serious comments.....I don't see it on this one. On the contrary, the previous posts make it appeat otherwise.

If you want it to be that way, then say so.

Last warning ? laughing laughing laughing
. I'm not one of your soldiers.

Word of advice....in civvie street, the carrot often works far better than the stick.

now....let me think.....in that serious piping thread / new product thread......"McC2"....what was it you wrote about turning 50 pipe chanters into firewood ?

You can't have it both ways mate.

You want this to be a serious thread for drum majors.....fine.....I agree.....it should be......so.....suggest you think about that when posting trivial comments in piping threads.
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Sun 2 Dec - 13:49:10

Now now Children Play nice
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Piping Connections Sun 2 Dec - 15:00:59

OK Guys lets not get carried away here

This section is going the same way as the rest, a fair bit oh banter and joking until someone puts in a serious post and the serious points come out.
I am not going to close threads when it suits me unlike other places.

Ian I dont know a whole lot re PM expertise i just know that when one shouts i listen !!! So perhaps if you put in a D&D post we could all have a good input e.g. your history of drumming was well recieved and given a good bit of support and thanks from the members were given.

Ron well what can i say i like reading all thats going on in your head but i would have thought a wee PM to myself and Ian would sorted things out a bit quicker

Its really up to you guys if you want to reduce yourselves to a public slagging match, or conduct your good selves in an Adult Piper and Drummer appreciation conversation it wont affect the forum just what people think of yourselves.

This thread remains open untill someone wants us to close it so please give us your thoughts !!!
Piping Connections
Piping Connections

Number of posts : 1404

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: band !!! band !!!!!!!!! yer havin a laff

http://www.pipingconnections.com

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sun 2 Dec - 17:18:55

Thank you....point taken.....accepted.....no worries.....end of story.
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Sun 2 Dec - 17:38:43

Well said Richard? it does show that Adults can behave, without threads being closed willy nilly?
Just a quick slap round the chops is all that is required??? laughing boxingkit piper
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by tankiedrummie Sun 2 Dec - 19:58:28

tankiedrummie wrote:Thats enough of that nonsense...if you don`t have nothing of value to say about the art of Drum Majoring then this isn`t the thread for you, go away and busy yourself with some other nonsense...thats your last warning....I am slightly pissed off

Sarcasm doesn`t come across very well in the written form...my humble apologies to anyone offended, no offence was meant maybe should have put this at the end.. laughing
tankiedrummie
tankiedrummie

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Piping Connections Sun 2 Dec - 22:37:39

Thanks Guys. means a lot to me !! big grin
Piping Connections
Piping Connections

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Mon 3 Dec - 14:07:33

I wonder how many times I and others have said, that what you type and think is funny? somehow does not come across that way to others? I must admit kn owing both of you? (well you know what i mean) I was surprised but what the heck, we are all adults and have broad shoulders.
Great to see things sorted out amicably, Although I am sure the thread being m oved and both members Banned forevere and ever would have been better? laughing laughing TBP baa1 js wasntme
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Piping Connections Mon 3 Dec - 15:15:59

Dai Robb wrote:I wonder how many times I and others have said, that what you type and think is funny? somehow does not come across that way to others? I must admit kn owing both of you? (well you know what i mean) I was surprised but what the heck, we are all adults and have broad shoulders.
Great to see things sorted out amicably, Although I am sure the thread being m oved and both members Banned forevere and ever would have been better? laughing laughing TBP baa1 js wasntme

Dai gets the Triple S award --- yucky broon stuff stirrer supreme!!!! laughing laughing laughing
Piping Connections
Piping Connections

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Mon 3 Dec - 16:15:44

Huirray?? Fame and fortune at long last TBP TBP
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Heilan Mary Mon 3 Dec - 19:38:35

laughing laughing

When would you like the large wooden spoon presented???
Heilan Mary
Heilan Mary

Registration date : 2007-10-12
Number of posts : 703

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Mauchline & District Caledonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next