Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Predictions for G1 at The Scottish

+7
shortstuff
True_Blue_Piper
orange_wings
Heilan Mary
Dai Robb
Gordy88
Piping Connections
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for G1 at The Scottish

Post by Redneck Thu 7 May - 19:47:29

Dai Robb wrote:Oh no worries I can bend oer all right? okay getting back up is a swine mind??

Hmmmmmmm........... baa1 baa1 baa1 , that wid dae anyone's back in. raspberry Ha ha
Redneck
Redneck

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 2051

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Drumlough pipe band N.Ireland 3A

http://Drumlough Pipe Band 3A ( fer now ) N.Ireland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for G1 at The Scottish - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for G1 at The Scottish

Post by Robbie.Crow Thu 7 May - 20:08:06

Now for my real prediction... Although i dont think we can judge anything till all of the bands have been heard on the field!

1. SLOT (repeat of last year methinks)
2. FMM
3. SPPB
4. Shotts
5. Boggies/Power
6. Boggies/Power

Now with Barry Wilson having his second WSDC under his belt, i think
they will start to get noticed for their drumming (they have been
previously noticed for their piping, drumming is next) therefore i
think this will win them fifth or sixth place. They'll have to fight it
out with Boghall though simply because of the judges preference. With SLOT winning it last year they'll be in the top 3 for definate, along with FMM who dont seem to like the number 4, 5 or 6 (except for once last year big grin) SPPB i think will surprise people, because they're under don bradford. He will i'm sure produce a new medley which will surprise people, but i'm sure he'll have their sound up to a top notch standard and they'll be playing their MSRs well. Shotts will be there because of their drumcore, and only beceause of their drumcore!
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Thu 7 May - 23:53:58

Redneck wrote:
Dai Robb wrote:Oh no worries I can bend oer all right? okay getting back up is a swine mind??

Hmmmmmmm........... baa1 baa1 baa1 , that wid dae anyone's back in. raspberry Ha ha

Good un Mate? ven i cant think of a suitable reply?? laughing laughing laughing laughing
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Enter Band Name Here!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stormy Fri 8 May - 0:03:09

Robbie.Crow wrote:.......Although i dont think we can judge anything till all of the bands have been heard on the field!....................SPPB i think will surprise people, because they're under don bradford. He will i'm sure produce a new medley which will surprise people, but i'm sure he'll have their sound up to a top notch standard and they'll be playing their MSRs well. Shotts will be there because of their drumcore, and only beceause of their drumcore!

1. - I've known judges to "decide the result" two weeks in advance!!!

2. - Don's pitch and tone are second to none. Shotts have always made it because of the drum corp. There again the "Polis" of the 80's always made it because of the pipe corp!!!

stormy

Number of posts : 496

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Fri 8 May - 10:55:08

Dai Robb wrote:
Redneck wrote:

Good un Mate? ven i cant think of a suitable reply?? laughing laughing laughing laughing

That's 'cause yer gettin' old------er laughing , slip some stuff inda yer Horlicks m8, it'll taste better. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Redneck Fri 8 May - 11:00:02

stormy wrote:
Robbie.Crow wrote:.......Although i dont think we can judge anything till all of the bands have been heard on the field!....................SPPB i think will surprise people, because they're under don bradford. He will i'm sure produce a new medley which will surprise people, but i'm sure he'll have their sound up to a top notch standard and they'll be playing their MSRs well. Shotts will be there because of their drumcore, and only beceause of their drumcore!

1. - I've known judges to "decide the result" two weeks in advance!!!

2. - Don's pitch and tone are second to none. Shotts have always made it because of the drum corp. There again the "Polis" of the 80's always made it because of the pipe corp!!!

Spot on on both accounts. Don may not be everyone's cupa tea, but he can produce a good sound.

Tell ya what, if Ross Walker could get the sound the Boggies had at Ballymena the year they were 2nd they'd be hard da shift, superb sound that day. They were robbed too. Can't wait da get out, all this talk is gettin' me wound up. big grin

Watch the forum spring back to life the noo.
Redneck
Redneck

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Fri 8 May - 13:30:50

Ah wish you all the very best, as I said elsewhere it is at about this time, I wish I was still involved,
Lets just hope that the winner at the end of the season is the Pipes and drums and the Season is not overshadowed because of some "Judges" blatant Bias?
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3