Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
Piping for Highland Dancing Competition EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Piping for Highland Dancing Competition

+2
Robbie.Crow
dundeedancer
6 posters

Go down

Piping for Highland Dancing Competition Empty Piping for Highland Dancing Competition

Post by dundeedancer Thu 9 Jul - 14:22:47

Sorry, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place!

I'm in need of a piper who can pipe for highland dancers! Our piper has had to pull out and am looking for anyone who can help! We need a piper for the highland dancing competition at Airth Highland Games on Sat 25th July. Commencing at 10.30am. Fees paid by Airth Highland Games Committee and travelling expenses included!

If you know anyone who can help please email me at kelly.adam@jobcentreplus.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks

dundeedancer

Registration date : 2009-07-09
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Piping for Highland Dancing Competition Empty Re: Piping for Highland Dancing Competition

Post by Robbie.Crow Thu 9 Jul - 17:44:29

Lol.. why can they n ever find a piper! I've lived in airth all my life and every year they seem to be after one! Anyway.. heres some options:

first of all.. the band playing there is Alloa Bowmar Pipe Band.. i suggest you dont ask them untill you have no other option.. they will more than likely say no. And if they do offer a piper, ask to hear him play first.

Contact the Royal Burgh of Stirling Pipe Band http://www.scottishpipeband.co.uk/Home.html
they may be able to help you out. Alternatively contact Alex Detlaff of the games committee as his son plays with them and may be able to organise something.

Contact the local highland dancing school which is Jenkins http://jenkinshighlanddancing.com/meet_the_jenkins_highland_dance_school_teachers.htm
one of the Teachers on this page.. Kirsten Gardener is engaged to a piper who plays for dancers (or atleast she WAS the last time i spoke to her). She also may be able to help you.

Hope it's a good day.. i rarely make the games now as the Europeans are always on the same day! Hope the rain stays off (it never normally does!!)

If i can help anymore just PM me on here.
Robbie.Crow
Robbie.Crow

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 1089

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Denny & Dunipace Pipe Band

http://www.robbiecrow.com

Back to top Go down

Piping for Highland Dancing Competition Empty Re: Piping for Highland Dancing Competition

Post by Heilan Mary Thu 9 Jul - 18:37:41

What about Gavin Walker or David Wilton. I normally use Alisdair MacKenzie. Why not even try a post on Toeandheel.com.
Heilan Mary
Heilan Mary

Registration date : 2007-10-12
Number of posts : 703

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Mauchline & District Caledonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Sat 11 Jul - 22:50:14

For some reason..........some Pipers run a mile when you mention Highland Dancers....!!!..it was never the same when the legendary.....Pipe Major Willie Law passed on...!! I can hear it even yet...."over the PA system...Will Pipe Major Law please make his way to the Highland Dancing Competition............"Willie was always in the Beer Tent...!!a legend....!!
Wyatt
Wyatt

Registration date : 2008-10-31
Number of posts : 64

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: 79 New York Highlanders..

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue_Piper Sun 12 Jul - 9:19:28

Wyatt wrote:For some reason..........some Pipers run a mile when you mention Highland Dancers....!!!..it was never the same when the legendary.....Pipe Major Willie Law passed on...!! I can hear it even yet...."over the PA system...Will Pipe Major Law please make his way to the Highland Dancing Competition............"Willie was always in the Beer Tent...!!a legend....!!

I remember Willie well....he was small in stature but a right character.

Another of the highland dancing pipers from that era was a guy with a hunchback, maybe surnamed MacDonald, and yet another was a piper from somewhere near Weegieville......he played slower than a bloody snail.
True_Blue_Piper
True_Blue_Piper

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 2002

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Elastic Band

Back to top Go down

Post by dundeedancer Mon 13 Jul - 11:11:25

Lol!! :D Thank you for all your help guys.

I've spoken to people from Jenkins class but they couldn't get anyone to help either unfortunately.

Will try the others you've suggested. Toe and heel couldn't help either :(

Thanks again

dundeedancer

Back to top Go down

Post by wee_fee-Fee Mon 13 Jul - 12:11:30

It's the same day as the european pipe band championships so you may be limited for pipers. Good luck finding someone though. Smile
wee_fee-Fee
wee_fee-Fee

Registration date : 2007-10-15
Number of posts : 630

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Boghall & Bathgate Pipe Band

http://www.boghallandbathgate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dundeedancer Mon 13 Jul - 12:54:50

Yeah I know, and it's the big homecoming thing! It's a bit mad! Thanks though Smile

dundeedancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down