Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Piping Connections
PRETTY IN PINK
Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» PINK AGAIN!!
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptyTue 12 Jan - 17:37:19 by Gordy88

» 2010 Happ New Year All!!!!
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:05:24 by Chiddy

» Please Read!!
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptySun 9 Aug - 14:05:38 by True_Blue_Piper

» draw for cowal
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:46:20 by shortstuff

» Two days early. lol
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptySun 9 Aug - 13:08:03 by Dai Robb

» MG drone reeds
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptySun 9 Aug - 2:02:22 by True_Blue_Piper

» Bag worth a try!!
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptySat 8 Aug - 18:16:26 by Werepiper

» Countdown Counter
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptyWed 29 Jul - 14:50:42 by Heilan Mary

» RSPBA exams
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptyTue 28 Jul - 16:55:42 by Gordy88

» Wallace Bagpipes, Piping on the Clyde III
It pays not to F-about wi your pipes EmptyMon 27 Jul - 10:13:32 by Redneck

Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

It pays not to F-about wi your pipes

4 posters

Go down

It pays not to F-about wi your pipes Empty It pays not to F-about wi your pipes

Post by scots wa hae Mon 13 Apr - 21:36:34

As a few of you hear know Im just getting my feet back under the table so to speak after a 10 year absence! My fingers werent really an issue but my blowing was!!!! My hide back decided to morph into a tea bag and was replaced with a Bannatyne synthetic hide with drier system a absolute great investment!! Now when the new bag came along I decide to get a set of Bannatyne reeds, to try and help with my blowing or not so much blowing but stamina! I dont know why as my pipes were gowing braw with the hepburns in, but I did any way! That was perhaps 4 weeks ago in that time Ive went through 3 week shepherd reeds all ending life with top hand issues. On sat my mate popped a med Ross into the chanter now blow my I thought my butt was going to fall out but he asked me to percivere with it so I did! As of today no better except when the drones were shut of! Ah I thoguht lets try summit today, in went the hepburns I then reduce the amount of drying beads in the canister, a blow for 1/2 hour this afternoon went resonably well, then a blow this evening blow me Ive been playing for an hour almost non stop!!! Yes my at the end I was begining to blow over the top of the blow stick but a brief rest and through a set. Now my wife was out whilst I was playing just round the corner she couldnt believe what she heard from yesterday going to light my fire with the pipes to the sound I was producing tonight it was chalk and cheese. I felt happier more comfy playing which in turn alowed me to consentrate on what I was playing and it payed dividends. I know there are a few out there who are know going to say what an Idiot trying to fix what wasnt broke dont waste your words lads I know! This post is just incase there is a young lad or a lad who is struggling thinking about mucking about to fix it. My word to you is stop take a deep breath and think you well may make it worse like I did.

scots wa hae

Registration date : 2009-01-31
Number of posts : 64

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name:

Back to top Go down

It pays not to F-about wi your pipes Empty Re: It pays not to F-about wi your pipes

Post by Redneck Mon 13 Apr - 21:53:52

Good on ya m8, a thought the Hepburn's would cure yer problem.
Just remember, never dry the granules in the drone chambers out, if yer reeds need more moisture just remove more granules. Half of what's in the chanter section seems to work for me m8.

You'll not look back m8, cane and the Bannatyne MCS can and does work.

Yer set up is the same as mine 'n mine are sweet m8, av even thoughta doin' away wi the MCS altogether, a might be a slabber but am no a wet blower......... laughing

Here's a perfect example of the old meets the new 'n can work.
Redneck
Redneck

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 2051

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Drumlough pipe band N.Ireland 3A

http://Drumlough Pipe Band 3A ( fer now ) N.Ireland

Back to top Go down

It pays not to F-about wi your pipes Empty Re: It pays not to F-about wi your pipes

Post by Gordy88 Mon 13 Apr - 22:49:04

Redneck wrote: a might be a slabber but am no a wet blower......... laughing

A truer word was never spoken

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Gordy88
Gordy88

Registration date : 2007-10-18
Number of posts : 1142

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Geoghegan Memorial

http://www.professionalpiperhire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Tue 14 Apr - 15:24:05

You know something that we dont then Gordy?? laughing laughing
Dai Robb
Dai Robb

Registration date : 2007-10-13
Number of posts : 1995

Pipe Band I belong to
Band Name: Enter Band Name Here!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down